Each time a new year dawns, the Internet fashion circuit and all the fashion magazines start speculating about the trends to follow in that year. The dawn of 2014 is no different and the topic too relevant to be ignored. So here’s our take on the 2014 swimwear fashion trends.
Our store, if you have noticed is already stocked-a-block with the latest designer swimwear inventory from all top players. And the common streak in all of the bikinis, swim suits, cover ups and dresses this season is an unabashed neglect for following any kind of trend!
Whether it’s going back to the 70s, reviving last year’s trend, re-inventing a love for colors, prints and embellishments or incorporating different cultural influences into bikini designs. – this year’s swimwear fashion spectrum has it all! Let’s see what’s in store for our beach divas, who wouldn’t be disappointed one bit with swimwear fashion being at its eclectic best!
- A heartwarming love for naturals! Yes, from working with natural colors to going for natural fabrics, designers are nodding a full-headed yes to going all natural. There are certain brands such as Greenleeswim who have introduced the Little Recycled Bikinis or (LRB) and met with huge success.
- As 2014 is witnessing no single predominant or prevailing trend in terms of colors or fabrics, the preference for natural tones and pastel shades is perfectly balanced by corals, neons, bright solid tones and digital prints for bikinis, dresses and cover ups.
- Use of embellishments is back. Although the revival is not that pronounced but this trend sure makes its presence felt in beaded bikinis and dresses with beaded tassels.
- As for the prints – you can sense a massive influence of different places, technology and the unabashed acceptance of and openness to the flea market vogue around the world.
This year’s beach and resortwear is inspired by summer, sea, parties and all things fun! There has never been more variety than what each designer is offering this season.
Carried Over from the Past
- Some things never go out of fashion and why should they, especially when they are crochet or bustiers. Do we see a smile there? We knew you would love crochet dresses and sexy bustier bikini tops!
- Apart from crochet, the knotty macramé makes a powerful come back on innovative monokinis and bikini designs.
- Cover ups, maxi dresses and trendy beach pants are also ruling the runways and will be the hot things this season.
There’s a new entrant this season – Activewear – the stylish Fox swimwear for sporty gals who want the comfort, functionality and oodles of style threaded altogether in their swimwear –
Nothing is same as it was; yet the more things change, the more they remain the same that is: sexy, sensual, stunning, full of character and fabulous!
Shop the best among the best swimwear and activewear pieces at Molly Brown’s!