Much time and effort goes into the buying process of your swimsuit…There’s the shopping and browsing stage, the always favorite trying on stage, and finally the decision making stage. Any one of these stages can be rough, but everyone can agree that once the ritual is over, you’re happy with the result and it was all worth it!
Now who wants all of that hard work to go to waste? Swimwear is made with many delicate fabrics and are built to last when taken care of properly!
- NEVER, and we mean NEVER, put your suit in the washing machine. This is sure to compromise the suits material, color, or any decorative elements of the suit.
- Don’t sit on rough surfaces, this may cause delicate materials to snag
- Avoid harmful detergents. Chemicals in detergents can break down the coloring and cause fading.
- Wait until your sunscreen, body lotion, tanning oil, etc., dries before putting on your suit.
- Alternate suits! Most swimsuits have memory fabric in order to maintain their integrity, allow 24 hours for your suit to bounce back!
- It is important that you rinse your suit after every wear! Things like dirt, sunscreen, chlorine, and salt water can eat away at the fabrics of the swimsuit and lessen the elasticity. If there is a shower at the beach or pool you’re at, just hop in for quick rinse!
- If you have the time, fill your sink with cool water and let soak for about 20 minutes
- Do not wring out your swimsuit! Roll your suit up in a towel or lay flat out of the direct sunlight
- For any stains, we’ve found that OxiClean Laundry Stain Remover has been the best helper! Spray directly on the the area and rinse through gently
It can be rough out there for your suits! The forces of nature are against you, but following these care steps will keep your suit looking as good as new and in tip top shape!