Spring Break is right around the corner. Are you prepared? For many of our clientele, an important factor when planning for Spring Break, or any trip for that manner, is having plenty of swimwear options at your disposal. Lucky for you, Molly Brown’s and our Molly Dolls are perfectly “suited” to find the perfect selection for any trip. With access to the top vendors around the world we are able to help you stand out in any crowd. Our first selection comes by way of PilyQ whose new Fleur print is turning heads and rapidly gaining fans. We have included the Juliet halter top and Ava sarong, but other options are available. The non-engineered print allows all your friends to wear the same suit and each one will be different from the next.
Vitamin A is another great brand for taking on a trip. For Spring Break we have selected the Gemma bralette top and Celebrity string bottom in the new Maya print. This colorful print will be a hit in any setting, whether on a beach in Mexico or by the pool in Las Vegas.
Next on the list of must-haves comes from another favorite of ours, L*Space by Monica Wise. To accentuate that perfect tan and to add a little pop to your collection, we have selected the Platinum top paired with the Hollywood bottom in the new Geranium print. This suit is sure to attract plenty of attention.
Our fourth selection comes from the new line of Acacia just arriving in our stores and flying off our walls. We have chosen the Awapui top and Pipeline bottom in the LiHingMu print for this trip, but be sure to take a look at the rest of their line. We are positive you will find at least one style to satisfy your tastes.
We are moving on to another California native for our next recommendation. Frankie’s Bikinis, originating from Malibu, has released this playful print just in time for the lazy days by the pool or an active day on the beach. We are excited to offer the Harlow top and bottom in the beautiful Shibori print. Don’t take our word for it though, but do be sure to thank us when this suit becomes a big hit wherever you end up.
Last but not least, do not forget that head turner that will have everyone talking. To accomplish just that, our staff has selected the Golden Triangle suit in SeaSalt created by Minimale Animal. If you aren’t looking to make an impression, you may want to look elsewhere, as this suit is not for the faint of heart. Think you can handle it? Then by all means this is the showstopper you are looking for.
As a final thought, these choices may not for everyone so we highly recommend you stop by one of our stores (Laguna Beach, Newport Beach, Los Angeles, and Las Vegas) for a personal session with any one of our talented Molly Dolls. We will make sure you are ready for any trip.
Welcome to 2016 and another round of New Year’s Resolutions!! We at Molly Brown’s are expecting a great year in 2016 and wish you the best as you move forward with your goals. One of the most common resolutions every year is to become healthier and more fit. The mass exodus into every health club across the nation is proof of that. Look again in February. The number of people on the exercise floor will be considerably less. To help with your fitness goals, we have come up with a few tips to help you succeed.
1. Set realistic goals – Start small. Setting a goal to run a marathon is admirable, but is it realistic? Set short term goals that build up to you final goal. Maybe setting a goal of running a 5k is more attainable early on. You can then work up to a 10k, a half marathon, and eventually the marathon doesn’t seem so far out of reach.
2. Have a plan – Know what your ultimate goal(s) is and plan your new lifestyle around it. Getting fit, eating healthier, or losing weight requires work on your part. Plan out your meals. Decide what days you are exercising and what type of activity you are going to do. Determine how important that night out on the town really is.
3. Talk about it – Let your family and friends know what your goals are and why. They will be your best support group and hopefully motivate and support you as you move towards your goal.
4. Reward yourself – Making a lifestyle change shouldn’t be all work and no fun. Reward yourself as you reach short term goals. Buy yourself a new outfit, take in a movie with friends or have that dessert at dinner on Saturday night.
5. Track your progress – Keeping a workout and/or meal journal is a great way to track your progress. It allows you to see the improvements you are making as you move forward. It also helps focus on the end result. Instead of focusing on the total weight loss goal, focus on the five pounds you just lost. Congratulate yourself and move on to the next five.
6. Don’t beat yourself up – Realize that bad days happen. You may miss a workout or eat an unhealthy meal. It happens to the best of us. The important thing is to recognize it’s going to happen, forgive yourself and move on to the next day. Recommit yourself to the next 24 hours, then the next 24, then the next. One day at a time is the goal.
7. Stick to it – Studies have shown that it takes 21 days for a new activity to become habit and 6 months to become apart of your personality. All previous steps should help you reach step seven. Again, one day at a time.
8. Keep up the good work – The old adage “Rome wasn’t built in a day” falls into play here. We didn’t get in the position we are in overnight, so you can’t expect change to happen overnight. Everyday should lead to the next. Try a new activity, or sport, or fitness trend. Try new ways of cooking your favorite foods. Stay away from weight loss pills and diet fads. Healthy eating and exercise are the ways to go.
Coach Greg Glassman, Crossfit Founder and CEO put being fit into his words. Parts of his quote include the following: “Eat meat and vegetables, nuts, seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep food intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts, master the basics of gymnastics, bike, run, row, etc. Mix these elements into as many combinations as possible. Routine is the enemy.”
Now, are we recommending you to follow all of these guidelines? Absolutely not. However, everyone can take a little something from this excerpt and adopt it into their lifestyle changes. Remember, the ultimate goal is a lifestyle change of getting fitter which leads to a healthier you and a happier you.
*A special congratulations to our December Instagram #MBwishyouwerehere contest winner, Lara Reeves, who receives a$50 gift card from Molly Brown’s. We also think she is great inspiration for living the fit lifestyle.
Molly Brown’s Swimwear officially welcomes you to our 2016 Campaign,
#MBwishyouwerehere. We want to reward you, our valued customer, for taking Molly Brown’s with you as you travel the world enjoying the top beaches, hotels, pools and vacation destinations. This years campaign wants to encourage you to share your travels and adventures with everyone.
We can’t wait to see you showcasing the exciting new collections created by some of the top designers in the world, including Vitamin A, L*Space, PilyQ, Acacia, Mikoh, Luli Fama and Agua Bendita. Molly Brown’s will also introduce you to exciting new designers such as Pacific and Driftwood, Minimale Animale, American Honey, Ale’ (designed by Alessandra Ambrosia), Amuse Society and Fella.
Our first Instagram event of the year is underway! Tag us in your new bikini or outfit purchased at any of the Molly Brown’s stores or website to win! Photos must include the purchased item(s) and be in the “lifestyle” setting of your choosing; a beach, pool, party, night on the town. Each month, we will select our favorite postcard and send them a $50 Molly Brown’s gift card. Posts must contain #MBwishyouwerehere. No in-store photos will be considered.
Each monthly winner will be entered to win the grand prize: a beach bag full of vacation essentials chosen by our talented sales staff (valued at up to $1,000). Grand prize winner will be announced in September 2016.
Molly Brown’s is as excited to show you the great creations for 2016 as you are to wear them. Stay tuned for additional promotions and events throughout the year as we help outfit you in search of the Molly Brown’s lifestyle.
Forget the glasses, the hats, the handbags dangling from the forearm, the swagger in the gait and just remember how sexy they looked with their hair down, splashing in the pool or on the beach in that to-die-for swimsuit! Yes, we are talking about celebrities who once in a while trade the light-flooded red carpets, the gowns and become totally themselves in their favorite swimwear albeit retaining the elan, the glamor and the panache they possess.
Behold, the celebrity collection at Molly Brown’s – a stellar line of swimwear: bustiers, bandeaus and corsets in beautiful designs, fabrics and prints made for the stars!
These are those snazzy designs that caught their fashion fancy and made it to the tabloids. Whether you are a star-gazer or a detractor – you’d agree to one thing that this swimwear assortment is as amazing as the beach itself! Worthy of your beautiful bodies and your own glamor quotient, the bikinis and one pieces in this collection are sure to make your heart skip a beat. And wait till you step out on the sand wearing these pieces of beauty and have all the people there turning into paparazzi!
Our hot and spicy menu of Celebrity style swimwear includes the best of the best from these brands:
Pily Q – S.E.X.Y is an understatement when referring to the Pily Q Fringe skirts and bustiers. You cannot go wrong with them. If you have the mind and the confidence to carry them, surely you’ll be writing your own Cindrella story, minus the glass slipper. See how Nicki Minaj sizzles in the Pily Q Fringe skirt.
Vitamin A – When talking about celebrities, you can’t keep California out for long! The true blue Hollywood-bred Californian spirit is stitched in every thread of Vitamin A swimwear pieces – be it the innovative rash guard swimwear, bandeau, the triangle top bikinis or their signature Californian cut cheeky bottoms.
Mikoh – The pieces in this collection are for women who love being unique and exclusive without the drama, the airs and pretentiousness of being a celebrity! No fuss, no vanity but your very own playful beauty donning the style thats perfect for you. Mikoh designs create a one-of-its-kind, nonchalant appeal that’s not just hard to replicate but to wear as well. Not everyone can be a Mikoh girl but if you think you are made for it, then you’d be the one walking with a swing in your step as everybody bends, turns and stretches to catch that last glimpse of you.
Minimale Animale – Not featured in the collection but still a huge hit with the A-towners because of its retro-chic-bold designs. Not baring-it-all but leaving very little to the imagination, the Minimale Animale swimwear is everything you thought you’d see only on television or in the tabloids. The swimwear pieces are no mysterious outfits that tease, but a truly blatant display of curtly creativity that’s neither shy nor apologetic. It is an embrace of the rebellion that we all love to manifest at some point in our lives. Be a walking sensation with Minimale Animale and get out of your comfort zone!
Trust Molly Brown’s to bring you everything that can cause ripples, waves and that shocking flutter in the hearts of those who look and admire while you dress up and be.
Here’s to the celebrity that’s tucked into a cozy corner within us. XO