Every swimsuit needs the perfect coverup. These are perfect for throwing on an spicing up any outfit. These coverups can also be worn anywhere from the beach to the boulevard.
Summer is officially in full swing, which means, the time to travel is now! Whether it’s Iceland or Bora Bora mother nature has so much to offer. The key to any great vacation is your wardrobe. It’s imperative to dress for whatever climate you’re in. Molly Brown’s has you covered when it comes to finding the perfect bikini for your dream vacay!
Spring has officially sprung and that means one thing… Spring Break! Now’s the perfect time to hop on a plane and getaway for the week. Whether your staying home this Spring Break or jet setting off to a tropical location here are some of our favorite suits to provide some inspiration.
Easter Baskets and a Bikini. Is that such a bad idea? We don’t think so at all. Traditions derived from Easter bring us the Easter Bunny, beautiful arrays of flowers, tie-dyed hard-boiled eggs, pastels, an egg hunt and, at some point in the day, a basket full of chocolate bunnies and jelly beans. For the person spending Easter on the beach or at a pool, why not surprise them with an Easter basket loaded with bikinis. In keeping with the tradition of bright colors and fun prints, we made a few selections for your loved one’s basket this year.
One of our most popular brands is PilyQ, from the beautiful city of Barcelona. The Reversible Strappy Troy top and Basic bottom we have selected comes in this eye-catching Dreamy Blue color scheme. We can’t think of a better color to show off that tan during Easter brunch.
L*Space designed a color scheme that works perfectly while participating in that beach side Easter egg hunt. This Platinum top and Hollywood bottom in the Geranium color scheme will have everyone looking. It just may be the brightest thing on the beach that day.
Who hasn’t tried making a blue and purple Easter egg during the annual egg dying event. The Iceberg Tri Top and Classic Bottom in Blue/Purple created by Dolcessa easily attains this goal. Beautiful and unique in its’ own right, this suit will be sure to attract attention during any event you attend that day. We warn you…do not wear this if you are trying to avoid onlookers.
Our next selection strays away from swimwear, but stays in the blue color scheme. Lady Lux has entered 2016 with this multi-functional Waterfalls Romper in Blue and White. Equally at ease on the beach, near a pool or attending a party, or feel free to wear it to all three.
Moving on, though not quite a pastel, we want to suggest this offering from Brazilian designer Agua Bendita. We went with the Cabo Top and Bottom in the perfectly named Hypnotic color palette. Your family and friends will be mesmerized by this suit no matter the setting. We feel this print will pair nicely with Jelly Bellies in any basket.
Easter is just around the corner, so don’t wait too long? Our website is updated and waiting for your order. Our phone lines are open. Our stores are fully stocked and ready for your visit. If these selections don’t meet your needs, then we will help find the perfect suit for you. And don’t forget to accessorize with our shoes, sunglasses, jewelry and bags. Have a Happy Easter!
Spring Break is right around the corner. Are you prepared? For many of our clientele, an important factor when planning for Spring Break, or any trip for that manner, is having plenty of swimwear options at your disposal. Lucky for you, Molly Brown’s and our Molly Dolls are perfectly “suited” to find the perfect selection for any trip. With access to the top vendors around the world we are able to help you stand out in any crowd. Our first selection comes by way of PilyQ whose new Fleur print is turning heads and rapidly gaining fans. We have included the Juliet halter top and Ava sarong, but other options are available. The non-engineered print allows all your friends to wear the same suit and each one will be different from the next.
Vitamin A is another great brand for taking on a trip. For Spring Break we have selected the Gemma bralette top and Celebrity string bottom in the new Maya print. This colorful print will be a hit in any setting, whether on a beach in Mexico or by the pool in Las Vegas.
Next on the list of must-haves comes from another favorite of ours, L*Space by Monica Wise. To accentuate that perfect tan and to add a little pop to your collection, we have selected the Platinum top paired with the Hollywood bottom in the new Geranium print. This suit is sure to attract plenty of attention.
Our fourth selection comes from the new line of Acacia just arriving in our stores and flying off our walls. We have chosen the Awapui top and Pipeline bottom in the LiHingMu print for this trip, but be sure to take a look at the rest of their line. We are positive you will find at least one style to satisfy your tastes.
We are moving on to another California native for our next recommendation. Frankie’s Bikinis, originating from Malibu, has released this playful print just in time for the lazy days by the pool or an active day on the beach. We are excited to offer the Harlow top and bottom in the beautiful Shibori print. Don’t take our word for it though, but do be sure to thank us when this suit becomes a big hit wherever you end up.
Last but not least, do not forget that head turner that will have everyone talking. To accomplish just that, our staff has selected the Golden Triangle suit in SeaSalt created by Minimale Animal. If you aren’t looking to make an impression, you may want to look elsewhere, as this suit is not for the faint of heart. Think you can handle it? Then by all means this is the showstopper you are looking for.
As a final thought, these choices may not for everyone so we highly recommend you stop by one of our stores (Laguna Beach, Newport Beach, Los Angeles, and Las Vegas) for a personal session with any one of our talented Molly Dolls. We will make sure you are ready for any trip.
Happy Valentine’s Day from Molly Brown’s Swimwear!!! Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be all about chocolate and roses. We think the perfect gift in our neck of the woods (or beach) is perfect fitting swimwear. On the odd chance that your significant other forgot this important fact or you simply want to treat yourself, we have new styles arriving every day. We have selected a few options for you to try on.
Our first style is brought to you from Barcelona-based PilyQ. The Fleur print has quickly become a fan favorite and we offer both the Banded Halter or the Juliet Halter (pictured) paired with the Banded Teeny bottom. To complete the package we also carry the Ava sarong and the Lounge pant to ensemble. In addition, this is a non-engineered print, so you and your friends can all own the same suit and no two will look exactly the same.
Second on our list comes from one of the top brands in swimwear, Vitamin A. Located in Laguna Beach, California, Amahlia Stevens has carved out a name for herself with some of the most innovative swimwear designs you will discover anywhere. This year Vitamin A and Molly Brown’s has collaborated on two suits exclusively for sale at Molly Brown’s Swimwear. The Olivia Bralette and Hipster bottom (pictured) matches two of Vitamin A’s best cuts with a beautiful black and cream color scheme. The second collaboration pairs the Gia top and Samba bottom in a deep red. Be sure to check out our stores and website for this design, as well.
The next selection comes from one of the most recognized supermodels in the world. Alessandra Ambrosio has extended her brand into the world of swim with her own personal line, Ale’ by Alessandra. The High Neck halter and Pequeno bottoms we have chosen is in the new Treasure print. Alessandra has combined her Brazilian heritage and world travels to create a suit we have fallen in love with. We think you will too.
Finally, for those of you who like a one-piece with attitude, we have selected two for you to try on. Beach Riot has just released the new Moonshine one-piece with a Diamond Black print. Having just arrived in stores, you can be one of the first to own this beautiful print. The second selection is the Veruschka one-piece brought to you by Pacific & Driftwood. P&D is quickly making a name for themselves, and we offer this suede suit in both black (pictured) and tan.
Be sure to stop by one of our four locations in Laguna Beach, West Hollywood, Newport Beach and Las Vegas, or visit our website, and let one of our talented Molly Dolls select the perfect suit for you. And YES, we are open on Valentine’s Day for that last-minute gift .
We are much more than just bikinis! Molly Brown’s takes great pride in being one of the hottest retailers of high-end specialty swimwear AND apparel on the planet. To the casual shopper, you may mistake us for selling only stylish bikinis and one-pieces. On the contrary, we are so much more. Our excellent sales staff prides themselves on being able to wardrobe you from head to toe for your next vacation, event or day trip. Let us introduce you to some other outfit options and the vendors we showcase.
Cover-ups and Dresses – With every good swim suit, there needs to be an equally appealing cover-up or dress. The perfect outfit will allow you to transition from the beach to lunch and to a night out on the town. With choices from our chosen vendors, such as PilyQ, Blue Life, L*Space and Bettinis, you can be prepared for any event you come across.
Hats – Whether it is a sunny day on the beach or music festival in the desert, a good hat may make all the difference in the world. We can offer options ranging from Glitzy Bella Fedoras to TLC Sun Hats and Odabash floppy hats. Pick the one right for you.
Shoes – Different occasions require different shoes. Sometimes all in the same day. We can help you transition from casual, with our Ipanema and Havaiana flip-flops, to a more dressy style of shoe provided by Melissa Shoes or Ondademar.
Jewelry – No outfit is complete without the proper accessories. We can offer a nice selection of jewelry from selected designers TLC, Calinana and Body Jewelry. Add to your wardrobe with a beautiful necklace, bracelet or anklet. You could always add some spice with a cool body chain.
Towels– Situations dictate the need for a good towel. Allow Mara Hoffman’s Starbasket towel helpyou keep sand where it belongs. We can also see this as a great romantic picnic setting.
Bag – Finally, you will need the perfect bag to help transport all these items throughout your day. We have wonderful bags available from Caffe and Tigerlilly that are more than able to get you from dusk to dawn.
Welcome to 2016 and another round of New Year’s Resolutions!! We at Molly Brown’s are expecting a great year in 2016 and wish you the best as you move forward with your goals. One of the most common resolutions every year is to become healthier and more fit. The mass exodus into every health club across the nation is proof of that. Look again in February. The number of people on the exercise floor will be considerably less. To help with your fitness goals, we have come up with a few tips to help you succeed.
1. Set realistic goals – Start small. Setting a goal to run a marathon is admirable, but is it realistic? Set short term goals that build up to you final goal. Maybe setting a goal of running a 5k is more attainable early on. You can then work up to a 10k, a half marathon, and eventually the marathon doesn’t seem so far out of reach.
2. Have a plan – Know what your ultimate goal(s) is and plan your new lifestyle around it. Getting fit, eating healthier, or losing weight requires work on your part. Plan out your meals. Decide what days you are exercising and what type of activity you are going to do. Determine how important that night out on the town really is.
3. Talk about it – Let your family and friends know what your goals are and why. They will be your best support group and hopefully motivate and support you as you move towards your goal.
4. Reward yourself – Making a lifestyle change shouldn’t be all work and no fun. Reward yourself as you reach short term goals. Buy yourself a new outfit, take in a movie with friends or have that dessert at dinner on Saturday night.
5. Track your progress – Keeping a workout and/or meal journal is a great way to track your progress. It allows you to see the improvements you are making as you move forward. It also helps focus on the end result. Instead of focusing on the total weight loss goal, focus on the five pounds you just lost. Congratulate yourself and move on to the next five.
6. Don’t beat yourself up – Realize that bad days happen. You may miss a workout or eat an unhealthy meal. It happens to the best of us. The important thing is to recognize it’s going to happen, forgive yourself and move on to the next day. Recommit yourself to the next 24 hours, then the next 24, then the next. One day at a time is the goal.
7. Stick to it – Studies have shown that it takes 21 days for a new activity to become habit and 6 months to become apart of your personality. All previous steps should help you reach step seven. Again, one day at a time.
8. Keep up the good work – The old adage “Rome wasn’t built in a day” falls into play here. We didn’t get in the position we are in overnight, so you can’t expect change to happen overnight. Everyday should lead to the next. Try a new activity, or sport, or fitness trend. Try new ways of cooking your favorite foods. Stay away from weight loss pills and diet fads. Healthy eating and exercise are the ways to go.
Coach Greg Glassman, Crossfit Founder and CEO put being fit into his words. Parts of his quote include the following: “Eat meat and vegetables, nuts, seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep food intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts, master the basics of gymnastics, bike, run, row, etc. Mix these elements into as many combinations as possible. Routine is the enemy.”
Now, are we recommending you to follow all of these guidelines? Absolutely not. However, everyone can take a little something from this excerpt and adopt it into their lifestyle changes. Remember, the ultimate goal is a lifestyle change of getting fitter which leads to a healthier you and a happier you.
*A special congratulations to our December Instagram #MBwishyouwerehere contest winner, Lara Reeves, who receives a$50 gift card from Molly Brown’s. We also think she is great inspiration for living the fit lifestyle.
New Year’s Eve!! This annual event can turn into the best party of the year or the most stressful, sometimes both happening at the same time. Molly Brown’s has come up with a few tips to help survive this one night.
1. Plan out everything. How to get to and from your event? How long to stay at each location? What should you bring? And most importantly, what are you going to wear? Not every New Year’s Eve Party requires a formal dress. Molly Brown’s has many offerings available for the informal, casual or beach party on New Year’s Eve.
2. Install a “find my phone” app. Let’s be honest here, too many of us have our whole life stored on our phones. And why wouldn’t we with the capabilities available today. Credit info, boarding passes, address books, social media. Everything is at the touch of a button. Losing that capability for one day can be a sour start to 2016. Once inhibitions go out the window, who knows where our phones may end up.
3. Travel safely or find a hotel. Designate a driver, hail a cab, or if available, utilize transportation companies such as Uber or Lyft. AAA also has a great holiday safe ride program that offers free rides home until the early morning hours. Getting home safely is of utmost priority on this night. If you don’t plan on doing the above, then the next best idea getting a hotel room. The options are endless on a safe space to stay following the evenings celebrations. Of course, if you happen to be in Vegas, you can come visit us in The Cosmopolitan.
4. Utilize a Traffic-Aware Navigation App. Even a sober evening can be ruined by drunk drivers on New Year’s Eve. If you must drive, a good navigation app (Google Maps, Waze) will keep you up to date on busy areas, including avoiding heavy traffic, accidents and police cars.
5. Ease your hangover on New Year’s Day. Not all of us have the self-control required to avoid the dreaded hangover. Obviously, the best way to avoid a hangover is to not drink too much, but let’s be honest, New Year’s Eve is not always the best night to start your resolution. There are all sorts of myths and tricks to cure a hangover, but in short you need to drink re-hydrate (drink water), replace electrolytes (coconut water, gatorade), eat a decent breakfast and try to avoid coffee and more alcohol.
These are just a few tips available to have a stress free evening. We are positive that there are many more ideas out there. Feel free to add your tips to our list. Have a great New Year’s Eve and here is too a successful and exciting 2016!!!
Molly Brown’s Swimwear officially welcomes you to our 2016 Campaign,
#MBwishyouwerehere. We want to reward you, our valued customer, for taking Molly Brown’s with you as you travel the world enjoying the top beaches, hotels, pools and vacation destinations. This years campaign wants to encourage you to share your travels and adventures with everyone.
We can’t wait to see you showcasing the exciting new collections created by some of the top designers in the world, including Vitamin A, L*Space, PilyQ, Acacia, Mikoh, Luli Fama and Agua Bendita. Molly Brown’s will also introduce you to exciting new designers such as Pacific and Driftwood, Minimale Animale, American Honey, Ale’ (designed by Alessandra Ambrosia), Amuse Society and Fella.
Our first Instagram event of the year is underway! Tag us in your new bikini or outfit purchased at any of the Molly Brown’s stores or website to win! Photos must include the purchased item(s) and be in the “lifestyle” setting of your choosing; a beach, pool, party, night on the town. Each month, we will select our favorite postcard and send them a $50 Molly Brown’s gift card. Posts must contain #MBwishyouwerehere. No in-store photos will be considered.
Each monthly winner will be entered to win the grand prize: a beach bag full of vacation essentials chosen by our talented sales staff (valued at up to $1,000). Grand prize winner will be announced in September 2016.
Molly Brown’s is as excited to show you the great creations for 2016 as you are to wear them. Stay tuned for additional promotions and events throughout the year as we help outfit you in search of the Molly Brown’s lifestyle.